Thursday, January 26, 2012

TJ slows down time... (old post)

So I am currently taking four classes and auditing a fifth. In addition to this, I am trying to plan a wedding in a city that is located three and half hours away from my current home. I have also begun a job search also in a city three and half hours away from home. I feel like I am living in the "daily grind" of life in which we are just trying to make it to the next day and not stopping to enjoy the blessings of life.
So yesterday afternoon, exhausted, I came home from work for a two hour break before I heading back to campus that night. I walked in the door, first greeted by Attila, my brother's massive mastiff dog who does not care how much stuff you are carrying, if you are in nice work clothes, or if you can barely stand up from being in your boots all day. He immediately greeted me with more excitement than I think he could even stand and with all his slobber hanging from his lips he lovingly tried to cover me with his kisses. I tried to avoid his mouth touching my nice clothes as I pushed him back with my backpack, but was still so thankful for his faithful enthusiasm over my arrival. Next was TJ, he comes running over smiling, saying "we're eating rice and eggs, its my favorite!" Excited over his excitement, I smile and say "Ok! Wait for me!" I go upstairs to change and as I am getting ready to head downstairs TJ comes in and sits on my bed just waiting for me to finish so that we can have fun and play together. We head downstairs slowly, sliding down the stairs on our bottoms. TJ continues to talk about the rice and eggs being his favorite and his day at school and several things that are important to him. I love being with TJ because nothing else in the world matters except exactly what we are doing at that moment. His two main concerns are the people he is with and laughing (he loves to laugh). Finally being home and getting to just sit with him, I thought to myself, "Thank you God for TJ, he just slows down time." In the midst of all my busyness and unrest, I stopped everything and for an hour and half I just talked to TJ about how "TT" would be a funny name for him, how "Attila's drool is only water," and how he doesn't like "green monster goop" (guacamole).
It made me so thankful for kids and their ability to help put life into perspective for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment