Saturday, April 3, 2010

My PERSONAL prayer request,

¨For we do not look at the things which are unseen, but at the things which are seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal
2 Corinthians 4:18

Please pray for me for perseverance, and not losing an eternal perspective on all that I do, personally and in community.



My WORK prayer,

¨So affectionately longing for you, we were well pleased to impart to you not only the gospel of God, but also our own lives, because you had become dear to us

I want this to be my heart for the groups that come down. Please pray that God enabled me to open up and risk so that I can share my life and my heart with all the people who come down. It is a huge blessings to do what we do!

1 comment:

  1. "The Throne"

    O God of my delight,
    Thy throne of grace
    is the pleasure ground of my soul.
    Here I obtain mercy in time of need,
    here see the smile of thy reconciled face,
    here joy pleads the name of Jesus,
    here I sharpen the sword of the Spirit
    anoint the shield of faith,
    put on the helmet of salvation
    gather manna from thy Word,
    am strengthened for each conflict,
    nerved for the upward race,
    empowered to conquer every foe;
    Help me to come to Christ
    as the fountain head of descending blessings,
    as a wide open flood-gate of mercy.
    I marvel at my insensate folly, that
    with such enriching favours within my reach
    I am slow to extend the hand to take them.
    Have mercy upon my deadness for thy Name's sake.
    Quicken me, stir me, fill me with holy zeal.
    Strengthen me that I may cling to thee
    and not let thee go.
    May thy Spirit within me draw all blessings
    from thy hand.
    When I advance not, I backslide.
    Let me walk humbly because of good omitted
    and evil done.
    Impress on my mind the shortness of time,
    the work to be engaged in,
    the account to be rendered,
    the nearness of eternity,
    the fearful sin of despising thy Spirit.
    May I never forget that
    thy eye always sees
    thy ear always hears,
    thy recording hand always writes.
    May I never give thee rest until Christ is
    the pulse of my heart,
    the spokesman of my lips,
    the lamp of my feet.

    (from Valley of Vision)

    ReplyDelete